Friday, May 17, 2013

Diabetes Blog Week Day 5

Today's question is a hard one...
Just like in the movie, today we’re doing a swap. If you could switch chronic diseases, which one would you choose to deal with instead of diabetes? And while we’re considering other chronic conditions, do you think your participation in the DOC has affected how you treat friends and acquaintances with other medical conditions? (Thanks to Jane of Jane K. Dickinson, RN, PhD, CDE and Bob of T Minus Two for this topic suggestion.)

I have thought about this question for a few days now and I still haven't come to any conclusion. I don't know enough about other chronic conditions to know what life would be like with that disease.  I think I would stick with diabetes because it is what I know.  I have dealt with it long enough that I know what to do.  Yes, diabetes throws a curve ball usually as soon as you think you have got a handle on your blood sugars, but I feel comfortable with it. 
I guess a disease that you didn't have to take shots or be stuck to an insulin pump FOREVER would be nice.... Or no chronic disease at all? That is too much to ask isn't it. I guess I will keep my diabetes :).  

No comments:

Post a Comment