Monday, May 13, 2013

Diabetes Blog Week Day 1

I have decided to participate in Diabetes Blog Week and I am excited about the topics that will be discussed.  Today's question is

Often our health care team only sees us for about 15 minutes several times a year, and they might not have a sense of what our lives are really like. Today, let’s pretend our medical team is reading our blogs. What do you wish they could see about your and/or your loved one's daily life with diabetes? On the other hand, what do you hope they don't see? 

I have been lucky to have a Doctor who understands what living with diabetes means because he has family members who live with the disease. So for the most part he understand what life is like with diabetes.  On the other hand unless you have diabetes yourself you don't fully understand how it feels.  You don't understand what it feels like to get low at the worst times. (like right after you brush your teeth and just want to go to bed... I hate that!) Or how frustrating it is to have a high number and have no idea why!  So one thing that I wish doctors (and their staff) understood is that it is just not that easy to always take care of your diabetes and keep it in control. If I know that my A1c is not going to be good I just dread going into the Doctor's office because I know that it is not going to be what it should be and I just feel like a failure.  

I am excited to participate in Diabetes Blog Week and read other diabetics thoughts on these questions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment