Thursday, September 12, 2013

bad night?

My husband always wakes me up to say goodbye before he leaves to work and then I usually go back to sleep.  The other morning as he was leaving he said "sleep in honey, I see you had a rough night".  I looked at him confused.... How did he know that I had a rough night?  He then proceeded to tell me that he could tell I had gotten low by the fruit snack wrapper on my nightstand, the dirty dishes on the counter, and the bag of Cheetos I had left on the kitchen table.  Haha it was one of those lows where I was starving and couldn't stop eating!!! I pretty much ate everything in sight! Yes I did wake up the next morning with  high blood sugar.
 I for years thought that I was the only one who experienced this when they got low.  It wasn't until I started reading other diabetic blogs that I realized it was pretty normal to feel like you could eat everything!!!
My mom used to find me when I was a teenager in the middle of the night sitting in the pantry eating after a low.

No comments:

Post a Comment