Saturday, May 17, 2014

Diabetes Blog Week 2014 day 5

Click for the Diabetes Life Hacks - Friday 5/16 Link List.
Share the (non-medical) tips and tricks that help you in the day-to-day management of diabetes.  Tell us everything from clothing modifications, serving size/carb counting tricks to the tried and true Dexcom-in-a-glass trick or the “secret” to turning on a Medtronic pump’s backlight when not on the home-screen (scroll to the bottom of this post). Please remember to give non-medical advice only! (Thank you Rachel of Probably Rachel and Kelley of Below Seven for this topic suggestion.)


I can't think of many diabetes life hacks that I use but I am excited to read other bloggers ideas! One thing that I have recently started doing is putting my snacks in  the portion plastic bags from Target.  That way they are pre measured and the carbs are written on the bag.  I bolus correctly and easily instead of guessing. It reminds me of when I was in school and my mom would pack my lunch.  She would add up the carbs and write it in black sharpie on the brown paper lunch bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment