Thursday, May 15, 2014

Diabetes Blog Week 2014 day 4

Click for the Mantras and More - Thursday 5/15 Link List.
Yesterday we opened up about how diabetes can bring us down. Today let’s share what gets us through a hard day.  Or more specifically, a hard diabetes day.  Is there something positive you tell yourself?  Are there mantras that you fall back on to get you through?  Is there something specific you do when your mood needs a boost?  Maybe we've done that and we can help others do it too? (Thanks to Meri of Our Diabetic Life for suggesting this topic.)


So in yesterday's post I talked about the guilt that I sometimes  feel when dealing with diabetes. I am happy that this is the next topic because it made me think about what I do to feel better I hadn't really thought about it before.  I like lists so lets make a list!

When I start to get discouraged about highs and lows of diabetes:

-  I try to not look back too much.  I just move forward and try to make the next number better.  (you can only do so much right?) 
- I go for a walk.  I'm not a huge exersizer ( I truly wish I was it is something that I want to work on) but, just going for a walk can give me a little perspective, some fresh air, and can usually have a good impact on my blood sugar so win win win! :)
- Support systems.  My family is great when I need to vent and also reading blogs of other diabetics has helped tremendously! Knowing that you are not alone and that for example other diabetics also become a monster and eat everything in sight when they are low.  Truly I went 10 years thinking that was just me!

No comments:

Post a Comment