Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Diabetes Blog Week 2014 day 3

Click for the What Brings Me Down - Wednesday 5/14 Link List.
May is Mental Health Month so now seems like a great time to explore the emotional side of living with, or caring for someone with, diabetes. What things can make dealing with diabetes an emotional issue for you and / or your loved one, and how do you cope? (Thanks go out to Scott of Strangely Diabetic for coordinating this topic.)



Guilt

Dealing with guilt and diabetes is something that I struggle with everyday. I feel guilty all the time when I think of the times that I haven't taken care of myself how I should.  I feel guilty when I don't test as many times a day as I know I should.  I feel guilty when I snap at my husband when I am low or high or if he asks if I have tested lately. ( there is also a death look that goes along with that one) I feel guilty when I think about how badly I want a baby but I haven't kept my numbers in good enough control to try and get pregnant.  I feel guilt all the time.  I know that I am just doing what I can to deal with this disease but a lot of guilt comes with the failures that surely come when dealing with an unpredictable thing like diabetes.  I think this definitely takes me on an emotional roller coaster every day!

1 comment:

  1. I am far from an expert but - try to deal with your guilts with just one guilt at a time. And then, even more important, congratulate yourself for doing a good job. One step, one day - try to step off the roller coaster.
    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete